Thursday, June 9, 2016

A Day in the Life of the Hounds of Hell ... and a Couple of Crazy Ladies

Several times a day, and often once in the middle of the night, Lil Bit, the Music City Chihuahua, goes outside, stands on the porch, and barks. At nothing. Or maybe at bugs. Or maybe she's just sharing her status with the neighborhood. *bark, bark, I'm awake, bark, bark, I just ate, bark, bark, I pooted, bark, bark.*

While this is going on, Brighid, the World's Most Adorable Corgi, stands in the house and barks at me. *bark, bark, Lil Bit is barking, bark, bark, she's still barking, bark bark, she's barking some more, bark, bark.*

Then Titan, the Awful Weimaraner, goes running outside at a breakneck speed, skids to a stop in front of the gate, and gives a deep, big-dog *woof, woof.* As usual, he doesn't have a clue what's going on. He just wants to join in the festivities.

This is about the point at which Yvonne, the other Crazy Lady, loses it. "What in the ^#$#%& are those dogs barking at now???"

I have no idea. I get up and look out. I see nothing. I hear nothing. Well, nothing except for barking dogs and a stressed roommate. I get the dogs to come inside, and of course they all look at me like I should give them a treat for being good dogs and alerting me to the presence of oxygen in the air. I settle them down. I settle down the other Crazy Lady. Then I settle myself back down to what ever it was that I was doing.

And I wait for it all to begin again.

Oh, and on a side note. That's Lil Bit, the Music City CHEE-wa-wa. Gotta pronounce it right. She's not just any Chihuahua. She's a Southern one.




No comments:

Post a Comment