Saturday, March 28, 2015

I Have a Confession...

Hello, my name is Donna, and I am an addict.  I try to resist the urge, the siren's call, but I just can't stop myself.  I'm not strong enough.  I need a fix.  I must have a fix.  I know it's wrong, but I just have to do it.  

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me right back in -- cheesy disaster movies. 

Saturdays are particularly difficult.  So many channels seem to play them.  Just today I've seen tornadoes destroy the Midwest, asteroids threaten the Earth, and Vesuvius take out Pompeii -- again.  I tried not to watch them.  After all, I've seen Twister so many times that I can practically quote it line for line, but I had to watch.  I really had to.  It's all about... The Suck Zone.

They suck me right in every time.  

I especially like the movies based on natural disasters.  Aliens are cool, but I prefer tornadoes, volcanoes, tidal waves -- you get it.  I've put my poor boys through them to the point that they just hear "Twister," and they groan.  I don't think they have the appreciation for a fine disaster flick quite like I do, but maybe it's best that they didn't inherit my... problem.

Just so you grasp the severity of my problem, here's a list of a few of my favorites.


As you can see, I have a very, very serious problem.  If you know of a support group, please let me know.  My sons and roommate would truly appreciate it.  I'm not sure how many more times they can sit through one of these movies.







1 comment: