Saturday, March 14, 2015

Yvonne

The Not Crazy Cat Lady

As you can see it’s been awhile since we had a post. I’ve been waiting for Yvonne to write a bit about herself, and she’s been not writing about herself. Yeah, that doesn’t get anything posted, does it? Anyway, Yvonne told me to just write something about her.

So… What sort of lies can I tell??

Maybe I’ll tell a little truth first.

Yvonne is an empty nester like I am. Her two children are grown, out of the house, going to school, and doing the things that grown children do. She’s also disabled like I am. Hers is thanks to fibromyalgia and diabetes.

Yvonne considers Nashville home, but she’s from Arizona, which is where her mother lives and her daughter has now moved to. She loves to cook and bakes when she’s stressed. She’ll do anything for a friend, but she does everything she can to not wash the dishes. Seriously, she hates doing dishes. I think she’d rather have bamboo shoots shoved under her fingernails than do a load of dishes, and that’s with our dishwasher.

One thing Yvonne wanted me to share is that she’s not a crazy cat lady even though she has seven cats. She had six when I met her almost five years ago, but one passed very shortly after. All of them can be traced back to strays of some kind. Then she got one when our roommate moved away and left him behind, and the seventh one is her daughter’s. She was left here when the girl moved west. So there’s the story of a not crazy cat lady.

I guess that’s enough of an introduction for now. Next, we’ll meet the animals.






No comments:

Post a Comment